Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekender: Erika Stasiuleviciute, 25, model

  I was planning to be a lawyer. I got into university, but in the same week I was scouted by a model agency. My first job was the cover of InStyle magazine, right after Madonna. I became an overnight success. Every few weeks I'd come back from modelling for law seminars and exams. After five years I graduated, but by then I was addicted to travelling and living the dream. I thought, the law will have to wait...

When I lived in Paris years ago, the Musée d'Orsay was my favourite place to go at the weekend. I love looking at Sisley's paintings of winter. When I was a little girl in Lithuania, winters were very cold with lots of snow. The family would gather at my granny's house in the forest for big dinners. That was my happiest time, and Sisley's paintings remind me of it.

My favourite place in the world is my mum's kitchen. I indulge in cottage cheese pancakes and, as Lithuania is the home of potatoes, tons of potato dishes I can't find anywhere else. Most importantly, it's a rare chance to spend time with my mum.

I mix boys' style with feminine pieces. Years ago, when I celebrated Halloween for the first time, I dressed up like a man and loved it. Here I'm wearing vintage leather pants and Uggs (sexy meets unsexy), a white Burberry shirt and a bow. You can be so much more creative with fashion in autumn and winter. I enjoyed the October sun in Paris, but I'm looking forward to rainy London.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/oct/21/weekender-erika-stasiuleviciute-model

No comments:

Post a Comment